Posted by Ali
I made this recipe last night for mom and dad. It was so yummy! I would recommend that after you make the horizontal slice the chicken breasts, that you pound the breasts (especially if they are thick). This will both tenderize the meat and shorten your cooking time. So, if you are paranoid about under-cooking chicken like I am, pound your breasts…
Almond Stuffed Chicken-Cooking Light
Cooking Light 3/09.
They recommend using Boursin light cheese, I use Laughing Cow. The nutritional values from Cooking Light are Calories-288, Fat-2.7, Protein-37.5, Carb-3.9, fiber-.9, Chol-111, sodium-496, Calcium-109
1/3 cup light garlic & herb spreadable cheese (such as Boursin Light Cheese or Laughing Cow)
1/4 cup slivered almond, toasted
3 tablespoons fresh parsley or chives, chopped
4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- Combine the cheese, almonds, and 2 tbsp of the fresh herb in a small bowl and set aside.
- Make a horizontal cut through the thickest portion of the breast to make a pocket. Stuff 1 1/2 tbsp of the cheese mixture into the pockets. Secure with a wooden toothpick
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from pan and cover for 2 minutes. Top chicken with remaining almonds and herbs.