I made this recipe the other night after finding it on Pinterest (credit: eat-yourself-skinny.com). It was AWESOME! Extreamly flavorful and perfect to take on a picnic supper at the beach. The sauteed onions made this dish. Enjoy!
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 to 6 cups kale (I used a whole bunch)
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes (more or less to your liking)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat Panko bread crumbs
- To make quinoa, rinse and soak for about 10 minutes in warm water. Bring 1 cup of chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan and add drained quinoa to boiling broth. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer, cooking for about 15 minutes, or until broth is absorbed. Turn heat off and allow quinoa to sit for an additional 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet, drizzle olive oil over medium heat and saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add kale along with 2 tablespoons of water and cover, allowing the kale to steam for about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until kale is tender.
- Remove lid and add 1 cup cooked quinoa, red pepper flakes and a pinch of sea salt, mixing well.
- Add Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, cooking until cheese is melted, then serve immediately and enjoy!
Serving Size: heaping ½ cup • Calories: 186 • Fat: 4.9 g • Carbs: 23.4 g • Fiber: 6.8 g • Protein: 8.3 g • WW Points+: 4 pts