I figured it was time to dust off the ol’ blog. This easy, delicious salad comes from my late great uncle and makes a great addition to a summer BBQ.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup veggie oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 oz) can French-style green beans, drained
- 1 (16 oz) can small-sized sweet English peas, drained
- 1 (14 oz) can shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (2 oz) jar diced pimento, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
Mix sugar, vinegar, veggie oil, pepper and salt in sauce pan; bring to a boil. Cool. Toss dressing with remaining ingredients. Chill. Best if made the day before to let veggies marinade longer.