I found the recipe on this site. It will, from now on, be my “go to” chocolate cake. We polished this cake off with some friends in a matter of minutes… This was the last little bit that was remaining. YUM!
Disclaimer: If you’re currently on a diet, skip this recipe! Move on to the healthy pot roast! However, if you need a treat, this is the recipe for you. Enjoy!
1 3/4 c all purpose flour
2 c sugar
3/4 c cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 c strong black coffee, cooled
1 c buttermilk
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 tsp real vanilla extract
1/2 c butter, softened
2 oz melted unsweetened chocolate, cooled
3 c powdered sugar
3 Tbsp milk
2 tsp real vanilla extract
1) Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
2) Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
3) Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Batter will be thin.
4) Pour batter into a greased and floured 9×13 pan or two 9 inch cake pans.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes for a 9×13, or 30-35 minutes for layer pans.
6) Combine frosting ingredients and mix with a hand or stand mixer. Spread frosting on cooled cakes.