I concocted these after reading a Southern Living recipe, that left me inspired to try the flavors, but uninspired to spend 24 hours prepping the dough. These take about 5 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook.
Peach and pecan danish
- Pack of Pillsbury crescent rolls (I bought the jumbo size, and would buy the regular next time)
- Peach preserves (I used Smucker’s), about half a jar
- Whipped cream cheese (regular works, I find the whipped easier to spread)
- Pecans, about 1 cup
- Sugar, about 2 Tablespoons
- Cinnamon, about 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg, a dash
- Parchment paper, optional, but helpful
Preheat oven as directed on crescent can. On each triangular roll, spread a smear of cream cheese starting about 1 inch from the bottom and about 1 inch wide. (You want the bottom part cream cheese free so it doesn’t leak out.) Spread a think layer of preserves above and below your cream cheese smear line. Sprinkle about 2 Tablespoons of pecans on top of the preserves and cream cheese. Roll up the crescent and place on pan. Mix the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, then sprinkle on top of rolls. Bake as directed. Enjoy!