This is a simple recipe that is always a must on Stoney’s birthday. He LOVES it! It’s a good thing that I only make it a couple of times a year. Observe:
4 cans refrigerated biscuits (or 2 cans depending on the size of the biscuit you use)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 T cinnamon
* I’ve seen some versions of this recipe where raisins and/or nuts are added (I think that you shouldn’t mess with the buttery doughy goodness that is monkey bread)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-10 inch tube pan.
2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a medium-sized plastic bag. Cut the biscuits into halves or quarters and place six to eight biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Shake well.
3. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the greased pan. Continue layering until all the biscuit pieces are coated and in the pan. If you are using raisins, place them among the biscuit pieces as you are layering.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the layered biscuits.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Pull apart and enjoy!