I really like this bread. I made it for some of my coworkers and unfortunately forgot to take pictures before I gave it away.
Makes 5-6 miniature loaves (3×5 in. pans)
- 1 c. chopped pecans, toasted (325* oven for 5 minutes)
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ¾ c. butter, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 3 mashed very ripe bananas (if not totally brown, sprinkle with brown sugar then microwave for 30-45 second to soften for mashing)
- 1 c. chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 t. vanilla (Mexican vanilla preferred)
- ¾ t. orange extract
- 1 ½ T. orange zest (avoid the white rind, this requires about 1 ½ oranges. I then chop the longer pieces of rind with kitchen shears)
- Brown sugar to sprinkle on top
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in mashed bananas, chopped fresh cranberries, pecans, orange zest, orange extract and vanilla.
- Spray five or six mini loaf pans with Pam. Divide batter between the pans, about 1 1/2 c. each. Sprinkle the top of each loaf with brown sugar.
- Place pans on shallow baking sheet and bake at 350 40-44 minutes (rotate half-way through) or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean and sides pull away from pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks.