Here is another awesome (and really easy) fritatta recipe. I made this often when we lived in Colorado using the fire roasted green chili peppers I would purchase at the Old Colorado City farmers market. Yum! But, I’m not in CO anymore, so canned green chili it is…! I was a little worried, but the fritatta turned out just as well. You could actually roast your own green chilis on the grill or in the oven (just be sure to remove the skins). I also tend to use Lactaid brand cottage cheese. I’ve made it several times with Lactaid brand cottage cheese and once with regular cottage cheese. I actually think it turns out better with the Lactaid brand. This is a quick fix and it’s great left over the next day.
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the green chile peppers, cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, and melted butter. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool slightly, and cut into small squares.