Posted by Annie.
I tried this recipe recently and absolutely love the combo of leeks and bacon in the pasta. This works for a one-dish meal, or is perfect paired with a spring salad. This is easy and delicious!
one 8 ounce package of pasta (linguini or spaghetti is best)
12 ounces bacon, sliced in small pieces
3 leeks (tops trimmed), sliced thin
6 cloves garlic
¼ cup Grand Marnier
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup starchy cooking water (from pasta pot)
½ cup parmesan cheese
1. Bring a pasta pot filled with water to a boil, salt the water and add pasta. Cook according to directions (make sure and save ¼ cup of pasta water for sauce).
2. In a separate skillet, sauté chopped bacon at medium high heat (just until cooked through).
3. Add leeks, olive oil, grand marnier, garlic, 1 tablespoon vinegar, salt, pepper and sauté for 12 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked and liquids have reduced.
4. Before adding pasta, add in 1 more tablespoon of vinegar (totaling 2), and scrap up all the brown bits at the bottom of the pan.
5. Add cooked pasta along with parmesan cheese and starchy cooking liquid. Mix to incorporate ingredients and simmer on low for 5 minutes, just enough to let the flavors blend. Serve warm.