Posted by Amy
Susan shared this winning one with me. It’s delish and easy.
Lemon Dill Orzo with Chicken
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 1 t. coarse salt
- ½ t. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces (I use skinless, boneless thighs)
- 1 lb. orzo (I use wholewheat)
- 2 c. crumbled feta cheese (8 oz.)
- ¼ c. chopped fresh dill
- 2 t. grated lemon zest
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 c. grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring to boil in saucepan: chicken broth, ¾ c. water, butter, salt, pepper.
- Combine raw chicken cubes, raw orzo, feta, dill, lemon zest & juice.
- Spray 3-qt. baking dish ( largest Pyrex) with Pam. Spread chicken-orzo mix into dish. Pour hot broth mixture over chicken-orzo mix, stirring to incorporate.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 40 minutes until orzo is tender and cooking liquid is creamy.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top and continue baking 5 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.