Posted by Amy
These are delicious cookies. This recipe is from O Magazine several years back, and I just made them for the first time last week. Additional tips not in the directions:
- Make your dough balls smaller than one inch. The smaller cookies look cuter and they’re easier to eat.
- I like my orange to have some zip, so I used twice the zest and fresh orange juice called for in the recipe.
- After zesting the orange, I fine chopped it using kitchen shears and a very small bowl.
- Do not use reduced fat cream cheese — the frosting won’t thicken up the way you want it to.
- You need to grease and sugar the glass you use to press the cookies out.
Here’s a pdf of the Gingersnaps with Orange Ginger Cream Filling recipe too and then the jpeg below.