Posted by Ali.
This is a recipe from my mom. It is a tried and true favorite of mine and Stoney loves it too. I got this basket of squash, onions, and pepper at our local farmers market for $1!!!
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 lbs squash, sliced (about 3 medium, I use whatever types they have at my favorite stand at the farmer’s market)
- 1 stick margarine (I used butter)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (I used the reduced fat and/or reduced sodium Cambell’s brand)
- 1 cup sour cream (Again, I use the reduced fat and usually use less then one cup…you can’t even tell the difference)
- 1 eight ounce package of corbread stuffing mix
- 2 cans chicken, drained (located in the grocery store by the tuna)
Cook squash and in ~1 tablespoon of the margarine until tender.
Melt remaining margarine and add to stuffing mix. Divide mixture in half.
Add cooked squash and onion to one half of the stuffing mix. Stir in sour cream and soup. Spread in a lightly greased (I use Pam) 9×13 caserole pan. Sprinkle remaining mix on top. Bake at 350degrees for ~30min.